Access Keys:
Skip to content (Access Key - 0)

Push notifications

Mathieu Gallissot

On Oct 07, 2010 14:54

Hi all,

I would like to know if push notifications were possible with OpenRemote ? Typical thing is I would like to be prompted when i'm away and somebody ringing my door.

Cheers,

Mathieu

Labels:
Participants: Bastiaan Beemsterboer , fwank , Juha Lindfors , Mathieu Gallissot
  1. Oct 08, 2010

Juha Lindfors says:

Do you mean push notifications on Apple iOS? They have not been added yet. Inter...

Do you mean push notifications on Apple iOS? They have not been added yet. Interested?

1. Oct 09, 2010

Mathieu Gallissot says:

Can they be added with Anrdoid in some manneer too ? Typical case is with secur...

Can they be added with Anrdoid in some manneer too ?

Typical case is with security or door camera, to be notify when something important happens. Manufacturer's hardware is quite expensive for that nowadays.

1. Oct 09, 2010

Juha Lindfors says:

They're probably easier to support with Android – for example Android allo...

They're probably easier to support with Android – for example Android allows widgets on home screen so the OpenRemote full app does not need to be running to see device status updates on home screen. I have something like this running for Google Analytics statistics for example, lots of stock ticker apps do this too. And it helps that Android has been multi-tasking since inception.

2. Feb 18, 2012

Bastiaan Beemsterboer says:

to pick ip this thread, yes I am! I was thinking of sending a growl massage via ...

to pick ip this thread, yes I am! I was thinking of sending a growl massage via the rules, but if it is integrated it would be very nice!
      Is here been worked on? or is there an easy way to accomplish this?

Cheers

Basyiaan

2. Jan 11, 2014

fwank says:

i use pushover, it uses a simple api to send you messages, cost is per installat...

i use pushover, it uses a simple api to send you messages, cost is per installation but any device that has
    a key can send a message with definable sounds priorities etc https://pushover.net/

Adaptavist Theme Builder Powered by Atlassian Confluence