I'd like to review with you the KNX import feature
The KNX import is a major step ahead with the new designer but I find it very heavy to use and would like to check with you if we could simplify and improve it. So please don't hesitate to comment, complete this thread with your ideas, wishes, comments, ...
- within the group address list, we have to select one by one the command that we want to import. Could we add a select all / unselect all boxes?
- could we add the ability to select multiple rows in the group adress list and when we're selecting 1 type in the drop down, automatically populate the other selected rows with that same values? Like this we could think about importing by group of KNX items.
- creating a new import value to create Switch and Sensor at once. Currently you have to select all your switches, one by one, select them and ask for switch creation. Once done, you've to reselect them and one by one request the Sensor creation .... What a number of clicks. (does that make sense since in KNX the feedback should be in another group adress than the actions?)
- disabled the group adress from the import list if the group adress is already in the command list of the designer
- why not having "default" association between the DPT (if defined in ETS) and the Command Type. I.E: DPT1.001 = SWITCH + STATUS, DPT9.001=Custom and if we don't want, we simply have to unselect somes instead of seelction all from scratch.